29.9.13

Eepp it's finished!

Okay, so this project took me a few months to finish and true to form I got a little bored half way through,  but it's finished now and I eeping love it!!


After all the great help I got, both on here and IG, I went with the contrasting Essex yarn dyed linen and left those little triangles out.


I straight line quilted diagonal lines in both directions with Aurifil thread (variegated greys - 4670) and with a bit of luck all that quilting will counteract my dodgy hand sewing! ;-)


For the cushion back I used some Echino Nico mixed with the Essex linen with a hidden zipper closing.


So what started as a 'me, me, me' project is going to out in the post this week to live with someone else.  I hope they love it as much as I do.

Project stats:
Pattern - Flower star EPP - Cushion inspiration came from here.
Fabrics -  Rainbow scraps, Architextures Crosshatch in grey; Essex yarn dyed linen in black.
Backing - Echino Nico planes and Essex yarn dyed linen in black
Quilting - Crosshatch straight line quilting using Aurifil 50 wt thread (4670)
Size -22" square

36 comments:

  1. Oh no, you're not keeping it???? Madness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very noble of you to give it away - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect! I wouldn't be able to part with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its brilliant, I'm sure who ever receives this will be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks brilliant! I love that you left the little triangles out. Will make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it had better be for me or there'll be trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you are giving to someone wlse. It is so you. Such rainbow perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty - you did a fab job and I love your choice of backing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely...how sad to see it go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoever is getting this is going to eeping love it too. It's really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with all other commenters- it's fabulous and I don't know how you can give it away!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you get my address? What? You're not sending it too me? You've upset me now ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous finish!im quite sure your partner will love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, this is really lovely! I don't think I could send it away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It turned out wonderfully! The star/snowflake effect of the white is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you went with the darker background and left the triangles out, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous!! The essex was the perfect contrast for all that bright goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Perfect choices, I'm sure th recipient will love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous, they're a very lucky person :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful - I wondered if the inspiration was from there - on my 'to do' list too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's beautiful - well done you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. it's fab-u-lous. Great decision not to add the triangles - it looks much more modern. I bet the recipient pees their pants when they see it (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a stunning cushion, well done, and if the new owner doesn't like it, send it to me instead! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Kelly. I don't know how you managed to part with it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow this is awesome! I love that you went with the darker background and left out the triangles - it really shows off all of your hard work! Fanastic finish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love, love, love this so much on every level. The colours are amazing, and go so well with the linen. The contrasts just make it though. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is one super duper cushion. Well done, I love it. I covet it ��

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete