7.11.13

How low can you go?

Well I used to be fairly flexible, but this is as low as I get these days...


Shocker - who knew I had a LV quilt in me! ;-)  This cute little lap quilt is another one for the new baby niece/phew, whose Mother (my SIL) likes all things bland neutral.  I used my 10" squares from the LV swap and mixed in some not quite low volume fabrics from stash.  I used #Aurifil  (2026) to piecing and quilting the wonky wavy lines.


I couldn't resist adding a little something bright on the back though..


Oh yes, business in the front and PARTY in the back!  Every baby needs a little Melody Miller glitter in their life, right?!


I finished it off with a little Architextures binding and this was one quilt made entirely of stash - result!

Quilt stats:
Fabrics - Various prints from LV swap and stash
Binding - Architextures crosshatch in grey
Backing - Rotary patchwork (Ruby Star Spring) Melody Miller
Quilting -Wonky wavy lines using #Aurifil 50wt in grey (2026)
Size - Approx 54" x 67"

24 comments:

  1. I'll admit, I just don't understand people who think that beige is actually a color, let alone a desirable one, but different strokes for different folks, right? The back is AWESOME!

    Also, inspired by all of your cool wavy quilting, I finally tried it out on a pillow last night--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab, you've embraced the LV, now you can go back to some rainbows! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Both sides look gorgeous - good on you for offering options haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! it's really charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! And the bright back is fabulous too. I'm looking forward to trying one next year... love that what I used to set aside as boring can now be made pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That MM back looks great! I love the front too. Blimey, it will be a brown quilt next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look brilliant, if a little quiet on the front!! But the back sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never have thought LV would make such a beautiful quilt. I might have to have a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love both sides of this quilt! The LV is so soft and pretty and the back provides just the right amount of colour, contrast and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well they have the choice of which side suits the mood xx good job x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lv side is lovely but doesn't feel like you. New nephew/niece can have best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looove the contrast between bright and LV :) I honestly don't think I could make myself do an all-LV quilt. Yours came out beautiful though!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it. hope it didnt hurt too much....lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the title of the post - and I cannot believe you are showing us a LV quilt (entirely)... although the back is more you - and it works wonderfully together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely gorgeous - especially the back!! No - really, I love the combination of the front and back together - two different quilts for different moods!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely- the front and the back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous quilt! I'm working with a similar idea and I love seeing favorite prints all together! And the back or your quilt is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete