6.1.14

Easing in to 2014

Santa turned up a little late this year with my present, but I can't complain to much as it was my fault for not making my mind up in time.  When he did turn up though, he brought me a shiny new iPad mini and so I *needed* a new pouch for it.

Taking a fancy to this pattern on Etsy, I had a little rummage around in the fabric cupboard and came up with this...


Essex dyed linen in Denim, a left over strip of Sun Print Feathers and a random FQ that I got in my goodie bag at the FQR last year.


The pattern called for velcro closings, which I loathe sewing, so I added an elastic tie and a toggle button instead.


An hour and a bit later and I had cute little pouch that not only fits my Ipad but also has room for my Kindle - Happy Days!

27 comments:

  1. Now that's a good start to the year. Love the pouch and love it's contents even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great clutch, the toggle looks really great and so much nicer than velcro.

    poppyinstitches@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velcro sucks. Toggles rock #fact

    PS. It's lovely.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love itThat closing is so much better than Velcro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the toggle button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow cute pouch with awesome contents :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! What gorgeous fabrics and now I have to go get some toggles!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you Inspector Gadget!!
    Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! for a new mini iPad!! and fabulous pouch!! I love that it fits your kindle too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! And aren't you a clever one, your new pouch looks fab :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pouch looks awesome. Really nice fabric combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is super cute and thank you so much because I have a mini iPad and a kindle so I followed your link and bought the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this so much. Bright pink has got to be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is adorable! It is so convenient that it fits both your gadgets! I love the addition of the toggle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love it! Cute and functional and the toggle/elastic are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fabrics you've chosen are lovely and I think you made a good call on the toggle, it gives a more pleasing structure to the whole piece. What a nice case to carry you gadgets in!

    ReplyDelete