1.4.14

Sunprint quilt - a finish!

I was gifted with the best Mother's day present this year in the form of a house to myself for the whole weekend.  I took massive advantage of that rarity, by quilting and finishing my Sunprint quilt.  

Sunday was spent with the lovely Nat, Amy and Charlotte and I took advantage of the glorious weather, Nat's beautiful garden and an unwilling helper (cough *Charlotte* cough) to get some pics.

She moaned a LOT!!


I had a few false starts with the quilting and a few unhappy hours with the seam ripper, but I am really happy with the off centred spiral quilting.  I used Aurifil thread in grey (40wt - #2600), which blends beautifully with all the Sunprint fabrics  and the silver Kona cotton border.


The backing is the Riley Blake dots in extra wide which I got from Annie at The Village Haberdashery and I bound with the Feathers print in hot pink.


As fickle as I am, this is now my new favourite and shall be booting the rainbow strip and flip off the sofa......

Quilt stats:
Design:My own (4 hours of moving triangles around)
Fabrics:Alison Glass Sunprint (46 fabrics in all); Kona cotton in Graphite and Kona cotton in Silver
Binding:Alison Glass Feathers in pink
Quilting:Off centre spiral with a bit of random FMQ in the middle - 
Thread:  Pieced and quilted with #Aurifil thread in grey (40wt & 50wt -#2600)
Size: 54" x 70"



26 comments:

  1. Can I have the reject then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that Charlotte was a bit of a monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The placement of the colors (particularly the pinkish swirl) is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just gorgeous. A whole weekend to yourself - bliss! I had a whole day to myself yesterday and it went sooo fast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just can't get good help these days. You think she would be grateful to appear in any photos with such a beautiful quilt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll find I was *more* than helpful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh it's so happy and lovely and rainbowy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...... I missed this too - you look like you had soooooo much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! Looks like you had the best day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was four hours well spent! The layout is perfect and the quilting is gorgeous. Great job, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I love this. Very cool with the off centre feature

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with this Kelly. Quilty perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful present x and time used well I would say x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning quilt! Congatulaions, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quilt. The crazyness is tamed by the use of the lower volume coloured prints, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. truely beautifull - like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete